Today has been a battle. I had planned on taking the kids to story time and then running some errands. But, AJU5 didn't want to go to story time. I decided not to fight her on it because if she didn't want to be there, she wouldn't behave. But, we still had errands to run regardless. So, After her nap, I started to ask her if she wanted to go. This eventually moved to telling her we need to go. But, she was resisting. Again, I don't want to force her because shopping with a screaming toddler is not fun. I knew we had until 3pm to leave. Everything would be busier, but we would survive. But, she was testing my patience. First, she decided to try to climb on the exersaucer while AJU6 was in it. Then, she started to demand things (I forget what). Finally around 2:30 she refused to put her jacket on. I almost lost it. I put her on her bed, shut the door, and went into another room. Oh course a few minutes later AJU5 was happy to listen and get ready to go, but it wasn't fun until then.
Some times I think my issues come because I have plans and I "have" to stick to them. God has tried to teach me that He is in control numerous times in the past, but I am a slow learner. I think having a toddler is getting that point across now. If only I could keep my temper back while I learn this lesson!
No comments:
Post a Comment