Some days I definitely wish I had three sets of hands - or at least 3 hands. But, we are doing okay. I have had all three of them in my lap at times, but other times I am child-free (even with my husband at work).
The biggest challenges:
- Trying to meet the needs of all three if they all of legitimate needs at once (hungry, hurt, potty, etc).
- Making shopping carts work with three kids.
- Keeping the house in order.
The shopping definitely depends on the carts available. Costco is manageable if I put AJU7 in a sling. The other two can get their normal spots that way, and AJU7 is content until she gets hungry. Grocery stores, WalMart, and Target are going to be hit or miss based on shopping cart availability. If the huge ones are available with the extra seats, we are good to go. Some times I can even leave AJU7 in her car seat that way. But, if only the standard ones are available, it is a little cramped. We did WalMart once with a standard cart, and it worked luckily. But, we only needed a few things which I could pile around AJU5 (in the back with AJU7) and AJU6 (in the actual seat). If I needed to get a good amount of stuff, it wouldn't work. And then there are the places with the tiny carts like Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and Cost Plus. I won't even try those with 3 kids for a while! I took AJU5 and 7 to Michael's yesterday, and it was hard enough with the two of them. You can put the infant car seat in the back, so AJU7 wasn't as happy at a "weird" angle (and woke up and cried). There is no place to really put AJU6 if he went unless AJU7 was in a sling. And even then I know it will be a challenge because those places have WAY too many things to entice little ones...
But we are making it for sure. School started back for me (teaching), and I have been able to balance everything so far. My husband is struggling some with the transition, but I think it is mainly because the kids are too good at pestering him when he is around. AJU5 and 6 will play together alone when he isn't around, but they are less likely to do that if he is home for some reason...
1 comment:
I agree with you about Hobby Lobby, etc, and I only have 2 so far! TOO MUCH STUFF TO GRAB.
I think we are going to be okay in terms of carts b/c H has not been in one forever. But J is still a total pain if he is not contained, so I see your point!!
Glad it;s been a relatively smooth transition for you.
Post a Comment