So, I haven't been blogging or even commenting much. We just have been busy. Three kids plus work kept me going this summer. And then there is part of me that wonders how much I want to be "public" about our lives. Anyone could read this blog, and if I have too much up here, I wonder if there would be risks... So, I have been more careful about what I post online anywhere - including FB too.
As for what we have been up to, AJU7 turned one last week. She is growing fast. She can stand on her own and take some steps. But, she still crawls most of the time. She has mastered the stairs (up and down), which is really nice. That means I no longer have to run to the top of the stairs when she wants down. But, on a related note, she can climb so easily these days. She is getting into chairs, climbing ladders, and even climbing onto the tricycle we have outside. This means I have to keep and eye on her, especially when we aren't home where things are safer.
AJU6 is definitely boy. He is slowly gaining more and more speech - starting to talk in sentences, etc. Unfortunately he is also a great mimick of AJU5 - copying all of her bad behaviour. Luckily he also has a very sweet side that comes out when he wants it.
AJU5 has started kindergarten homeschool. We have gotten to some longer lessons, which she doesn't love. But, the reward of getting to play PBSKids when she is done works. She has to get it done before the other two wake from their nap, so she normally is willing to push through her work. Her phonics lessons are often 6 pages (3 pieces of paper front and back), and then we do 4-6 pages of arithmetic most days too. We will add in science and history a little later, once she has become used to all of the work 3-5 days week.
As for me, I am keeping busy with scrapbooking as well as work and the kids. I got 2-3 layouts done on average each week this summer. It is my way to unwind and do something for myself most days/weeks. Other than the Olympics and 1-2 shows a week with my husband, I don't watch TV. And I haven't read any books (other than the Bible which I am reading on a 1 year through the Bible plan) since last summer. So, scrapbooking is the main "entertainment" in my life these days. I am on leadership for my MOPS group this year and I did coordinate our church's VBS, so I guess those take up some of my time too...
Well, I think that is about it. Hopefully I will get at least one post in a month for a while...
No comments:
Post a Comment