Thursday, April 2, 2009

Using Force

AJU5 knows how to get what she wants - cry or use force! If she wants me to do something, she just makes my body do what she wants. She pulls our fingers until we follow her. she manipulates our hands to do what she wants. She even rolled me over last night so she could snuggle in another position. She is quite strong for a toddler I think.

... okay.... where was I... AJU5 came up and bothered me... then we played... then we went to the library... then we came home and had lunch... then I caught up on some blog reading and put her down for a nap... now back to this post... yeah...

Oh, yeah...

Last night she woke around 1am. Her molars are starting to pop through, and it is making her miserable. It was too early for more motrin, so I laid on the floor with her and tried to sleep. She was all over the place forcing her little head into different spots on my body - between my chin and head, on my shoulder, on my chest - anywhere she thought might be comfortable. Around 2:30 I gave up and took her downstairs for some Motrin. She had started to play a little instead of laying down, and I was EXHAUSTED. The Motrin worked luckily and I was able to return to bed around 3.

Hopefully, the teeth will come all the way through ASAP so we can get some sleep around here!

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Wow, were you in my house last night? T is getting his molars as well. SO fun! He was acting fine around bedtime last night, so I did not dose him up on Motrin or Tylenol. This meant I was free to give it to him at 12:30 when he woke up screaming. And then laying in my arms talking to me while I rocked him. I am thankful that I was able to lay him back in the crib where I'm pretty sure he talked to himself for another 20 minutes (after I rocked him for 30).

Oh, and the secret to the overnight meds - rotate. Tylenol or Motrin, every 3 hours. Totally legal! Tylenol doesn't last as long, but it's enough to get through to that next Magic Motrin dose :-D

Good luck! I hope she's ready to chomp some steak soon!

Sarah said...

teething SUCKS.

I usually give J Tylenol at bedtime and if he wakes up Motrin.

Hope she gets lot of teeth soon (after the molars, you're home free for awhile :)

Anonymous said...

Ugh, that's started in my house too. Madeline was quiet last night, but clearly hurting - she started to cry each time I laid her down, which is pretty unusual for her now.

So it was a night of the rocking chair for me - back, forth, back, forth... am getting sleepy just thinking about it!

You are SO not alone in this...

Corie said...

I'm not looking forward to more teeth. Chloe is 10 months tomorrow and still only has her 2 bottom teeth.
Hope you get more sleep tonight!!!