Yesterday AJU5 and I went to Ross and Burlington Coat Factory to try and finish up her fall/winter wardrobe. We have hand-me-downs already as well as a few leftovers from last year that still fit and some jeans I bought already. But, making outfits was proving to be a challenge because the tops and bottoms didn't necessarily go together. So, I though Ross or BCF might have some inexpensive separates (I did buy one shirt at Target earlier this week too).
End Result - One long sleeve shirt, one jacket, and one package of 24 month Carter onsies (that I had looked for since early summer). I was definitely hoping for more success!
My big issue is that so much is sold as outfits! AJU5 wears a 24 month top and an 18 month bottom. So, outfits just don't work (unless I buy the shirts small and her belly shows or the pants so big her feet are completely covered). Well, Carter 18M outifts barely fit on top right now, and I am not going to spend money on something she will outgrow by December for sure. So I am stuck!
I wish there were more options! I might head back to Target next week and see if I can find any more Circo tops that go with the pants she has. I might also hit JcPenney because Okie Dokie brand items are normally separates too. But, those are the only brands I have found so far that sell the majority of their items as separates!
So, how is Fall clothes shopping going for you? Have you faced any of these challenges?
4 comments:
I stick to Children's Place (jeans are 2 for $22) and Target and Baby Gap most of the time. Circo shirts are like $3.50 or something ridiculous right ow, so we stocked up! e also bought a bunch of their $4 Circo pants. But there's BCF right by my house that I never remember-- thanks for the reminder :)
I think it must be easier with boys. I generally have no problem finding shirts with no "rest of the outfit!" I have to hit the stores for my eldest soon, though. I'm kind of looking forward to it. We've been blessed with a TON of hand me downs, so I've never had to shop much for the kids. M's now getting to the age where the clothes don't last nearly as long, so the hand me downs are no longer so plentiful. I'll probably hit Target, and hopefully make it down to the Carter's outlet near me. I REALLY want to make it out to the outlet mall to go play, but I really don't see that happening. I don't want to take kids with me for that, so my opportunities for such shopping are...well, pretty non-existent!
I'm a huge fan of Okie Dokie separates!
My MIL and I always hit the jackpot at Kohl's. They do the tables like they have at Target of the separate shrits and pants/shorts that coordinate with each other. I also love the Garanimals stuff at Walmart. You can get t-shirts at ours for $2 right now!
Post a Comment