AJU5 is having one of those days. Or let me put it this way - one of those 24 hours...
It started yesterday afternoon when she wanted to go outside. I was totally cool with this, but I insisted on shoes and a jacket (it was int he 40s here). I was "nice" and let her wear her fake crocs, but I drew the line at no jacket. I offered her three options downstairs,a nda ll were met with screams and fits. I even managed to get one on her and open the door and take her diaper out, but she stayed on the floor screaming and trying to remove the jacket. Before too long, she asked for night-night, so I put her in bed but didn't shut her door (it was 4:00). I did some laundry and around 4:30 went in to put some baby things away (nesting has minimally started). She was out!
So, I continued to put away things and at almost 5 I woke her up. AJU1 walked in within minutes, so I passed her off to him so I could make dinner. She waled until eventually he got her to calm down with Curious George on the TV (and it took about 2-3 minutes into the show for her to calm down). We decided not to force the dinner issue and ate ourselves while she finished her show. Eventually, she did eat some cheese and tortilla, so she didn't go to bed hungry at all. The rest of the evening was uneventful, and she even laid down without a peep for diaper/pajama change!
This morning started off normal. Y^es, she was unhappy when her shows were over, but she took it just fine. She relaxed in bad while I took a bath and then I gave her a bath (since she had decided not to nap like she said she wanted to). After bath, she took a nap (her request accompanied by yawns and rubbings of the eyes). So, we ended up missing storytime today.
After the nap, she played for a little bit happily, I tried to get socks on her, but she refused in a cute manner. I thought she was just playing. It is now 2 hours later -and we are still sockless... Once she went and got a pair of socks happily - they were brown. She is wearing red and black today. So, I took her back to her room, pulled out her drawer, set it ont he floor, and let her pick out a pair of socks that wouldnt' clash with her outfit. This did not work! She wanted the brown socks. So, I let her play for a little bit and tried another pair or two of socks. Eventually, I was willing to give into brown socks. But, at this point socks were completely being refused (i.e she pulls them off when I put them on). In the mix of all of this, there were also arguments about emptying the drawer in the bathroom. I let her have one item out of the drawer, but apparently that was not enough. She ended up in her bed a few times until she calmed down (she was screaming and nothing would make her happy other than letting her destroy the bathroom).
Now she is downstairs eating a banana and watching Word World. Hopefully, at the end of the show she will be willing to put on socks, shoes, and a jacket so we can run an errand! I might just have to force the issue, but I hate going to a store with a screaming toddler... But I have to go in the next few hours one way or the other...
No comments:
Post a Comment