Yesterday around 5:30pm AJU6 and I arrived at church for a night of scrapbooking. AJU1 had AJU5 for the night (and survived luckily). I started laying things out and slowly figuring out how I wanted to get started. By 6:45ish there were 12 of us ladies there, and we had some dinner (pizza and salad with soda and dessert). Then it was time for some scrapbooking! As the night wore on, the crowd diminished.
By about 1am, there were four of us left, and we were staying the night. None of us are night owls, so as the night progressed we kept commenting on how surprised we each were that we were still going. AJU6 of course gave me a distraction every 3-4 hours, but other than that I was getting pages done. By about 5am, we were all getting tired. Three of use decided to lay down and rest. I was down for a little over a half hour. Another lady was down for about an hour, and the last was down for about 2 hours.
Around 7:30 am, I had finished the kids' books (as much as I could of course), and decided to just start organizing all of my mess. I knew I had to leave by 9:45 (as I said I would be home by 10), and we had breakfast coming around 8. Three ladies returned for breakfast (cooked by a very nice man in our church), and we had a good time of fellowship before the morning began. As I was getting ready to leave, two ladies I didn't know showed up to crop for the day (we opened to the public at 8am), and others might have come after I left.
Once home, I was good for about an hour. Then AJU5 laid down in bed. I laid down with her and began to dose off. Then AJU6 was hungry (and was in our bed napping), so I laid down to feed him. Two hours later, I woke up. After a shower, I am feeling a little awake now. The plan is to stay up until 9pm (or a little later). Hopefully I will make it...
A few of the collages I scrapbooked - AJU5's 19-21 month collage and AJU6's 3month colleague.

4 comments:
Those collages are adorable!! Sounds fun-- I don't know if I could pull an all-nighter in my old age!
I'm so glad you posted this--it reminded me to pack some scrapbooking stuff to take back to work with me! (I can work on it the nights I stay down there.)
I love these collages, especially the picture of AJU5 with her corn dog. :)
I cannot imagine all night scrapbooking - good for you! Good, wholesome fun:)
Fantastic collages too...almost enough to inspire me to do something with the zillion photos we have taken since Megan was born. Almost...
You, my friend, are a TOTAL rock star! I am so very behind on my scrapbooking and I only have one child! Kudos for making the time. :)
Post a Comment