Thursday, October 14, 2010

A First

So, I know most of the people that still read this blog are also friends on FB, but I want to add a little to my story about AJU5 cutting her hair (and re-post the picture).

It started Monday morning when I trimmed her hair before pictures that morning. I did the long part first thing in the morning while she watched a show. Then, I trimmed the bangs just before we left - after she was dresses and had her hair in pigtails. Both times I got out the scissors, she wanted a turn, but I informed her it was a mommy-only job.

That afternoon, she wanted to use scissors to cut after I cut something. I reminded her to not cut her hair, and she was content cutting paper. About 30 minutes later, she came to me with the hair scissors that I had put in the middle of the table downstairs. She sat in my lap, and I hadn't noticed anything. Then, I noticed one of her pigtails had a funny piece sticking out of it. I pulled a little, and a chunk of hair came out - only held in my gravity and the pigtail before. Then I noticed the bangs - all trimmed. It took a long time to get her to tell me where the rest of the "trimmed" hair was, but I did find another chunk down stairs.

Luckily, there are only two small patches and then the bangs that she got. The two patches are very close to her (very thin layer) of bangs, so it will look normal very soon. Until then, there will be no pulling her hair up. When her hair is down, I don't think it is that noticeable. But, when it is up, the two patches and bangs are a lot more noticeable. Unfortunately, she isn't as cute with her hair down because it is very thin and hence flies everywhere. Oh well. Maybe in a month...

Before

After

2 comments:

Jen L. said...

Oh,goodness! I missed this on FB! WOW. Dean's haircut we got the other day is so bad it kinda looks like he did it himself. Unfortunately, I paid someone to do this to him. :) Fortunately, it was the salon's grand opening, so it only cost me $3!

Sarah said...

Oh no!!!

She's still adorable :)