Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Stand





We have gone to a local pumpkin stand twice now. The first time we went with friends (ended up being a group of 13 kids and 4 parents), and today we went alone. And I think the kids had a blast both times. This pumpkin stand is put on by a local youth horse ranch that runs off of donations/fundraisers. The pumpkin stand is a big deal for them because of the funds it brings in. But - it is still FREE! Now, it is about 30 minutes away from us (the only downside), but it has been worth the drive so far.

The first time we spent a lot of time at the tractors/horses. They are right next to each other, so with the large group there was enough room to play. AJU5 at first wanted to ride, but when it was her turn she got scared (which did not surprise me). But, I was happy to get the one picture of her near the horse, and she later petted another one (while I held her). Hopefully she won't be afraid of animals in the near future so I can sign her up to go out the the actual ranch.

There was also a lot of time spent both times at the duck races. They set up handpumps and ramps to send rubber ducks down slides (half pieces of pipe). Of course AJU5 loves ducks, so this was a big hit for her. AJU6 just wanted to eat a duck...

Today we also spent a good deal of time in the corn box. It is like a sandbox, but instead of sand there is dried corn (i.e. feed corn). Both kids love playing in the corn, although they were a little dusty by the end.

So far we have bought four small pumpkins - and I hope to get AJU5 to color them with permanent markers. Then I want to give them to members of our church that can't make it to services, as a way to cheer them up. We will see if that happens though...

**********************************************

NaBloPoMo - Are you up for it? I think I am going to give it a try. I have the following ideas for each day fo the week:
Product Review Friday
Silly Saturday (something silly from the past)
Sweet Sunday (recipe or a sweet action)
Munchkin Monday (baby blogging or something about them at least)
Topic Tuesday (more controversial topics, etc)
Word(less) Wednesday (either just pictures or a post about a specific word)
Thankful Thursday
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Such cute pictures!!