Friday, November 12, 2010

Product Review Friday - Dapper Snappers

If you have skinny kids like me, you probably have a hard time keeping their pants up. You can find adjustable waist pants sometimes, but they aren't always the easiest to get. And they normally cost more. Oh, and I don't find them as often in shorts. So, there are things called Dapper Snappers. If the pants have belt loops, these "belts" will help keep the bottoms up. They snap over two belt loops (one on each side) and are elastic. There are 3 adjustments, so you can cinch in a few different amounts. So far they are working on one pair of pants for AJU5.

"Luckily" AJU5 can still fit into some 18M pants and most of her others are knit (i.e. lots f elastic), but she has a few shorts she couldn't wear after potty training because she was to skinny. That is the main reason I bought them. And I know they will work for many years - as I don't think either kid will be chubby (it just isn't in the genes around here). So, I will get more use out of them later too.

There are also supposedly similar things out there with alligator clips on the ends too. These would work for knit pants, but luckily we don't have a problem with those.

Okay... that was pretty bad writing. Oh well. It is what you get today as I dn't know if I will get another chance to write :)

1 comment:

Jen L. said...

I need to get some of those! Dean has at least 6 pairs of pants handed down from his cousin that he can't wear b/c he is so skinny!