Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Icky

That is the best word to describe our house right now. It started on Saturday with AJU6 throwing up 5 times. Sunday was "clear" but we also took it really easy. Yesterday morning AJU5 woke up not feeling well, and she started puking around 6am. I think she puked 5-6 times, and luckily she has been "clear" since about noon yesterday. But, she still has a fun cough and isn't herself yet. I started felling bad yesterday afternoon. It got really bad around 5pm just as my husband got home from work (huge blessing that it stayed away until then!). I was "stuck" in bed basically all night. By around 11pm, I was a little better, able to go downstairs and get my cell phone and my own drink without thinking I was going to die along the way. Since then I just have been mending from getting very dehydrated.
My husband started getting sick around 2am. He has been stuck in bed almost all day. He was supposed to leave on a work trip this morning, but that is on hold. He did get out of bed around noon, but then he overdid it and ended up back in bed.
AJU7 started throwing up this morning. She threw up once in her bed and then once as we went downstairs. Since then I think she has thrown up 4-5 times. Most of the time I only notice because I either see it or feel it. She doesn't complain unless it comes out her nose (and she can't breathe well). That means she is attached to me right now so I know if she gets sick again.
AJU6 has also had some bad diapers last night and today. He seems to be "acting" like AJU5 did two years ago when the stomach bug last hit our house. She would puke one day, have bad diapers the next, etc. It last almost a week with her, although AJU6 seems to have done all the puking in one day.
I just hope we are done with it after today. I have done more laundry and carpet cleaning the last few days then I do in some months. I am tired of all of that house work for sure!

1 comment:

Jen L. said...

Oh, no! So sorry you're all sick. There is nothing in the world worse than a stomach bug. Hope you feel better soon!