Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Keeping Me On My Toes

AJU7 has decided to change things up a little recently. First, about a week ago, she decided she didn't want to sleep on my arm all night long (she starts in her bed, but she sleeps with me after she wakes the first time). She will let out a single cry, I slide her off my arm, and she is "good" for at least a few hours. I like having my arm back anyways, so it isn't a huge deal. It is just something new to get used to.

Yesterday she decided to scream like crazy when she was tired. Walking around with her in my arms slightly calmed her, but she didn't' want to fall asleep. In a moment of desperation, I just laid her in her bed. And guess what - she went right to sleep once I gave her her lovey and wrapped her in her blanket. She did this every time yesterday too. I of course like this as well because it means getting her to sleep is VERY easy. It gives me about 15 minutes back each time.

Finally, last week she decided she was just too big to be in the sling while shopping. I have been wearing her a lot more than I ever wore her siblings. With 3 kids, there just isn't room for a car seat in the shopping cart! Plus, she always woke up when I was getting the kids out of the car anyways, so the only times I would leave her in the car seat where when it was raining/snowing (which is rare around here - maybe twice in almost 6 months she has stayed in her car seat for shopping trips with all three kids). After having her fight me all the way around Costco, I let her sit int he shopping cart while we go our "Costco juice" (berry smoothie) and "ice cream" (frozen yogurt) on our way out. She was instantly happy! So, yesterday when we went to Costco, I just immediately put her in the seat with AJU5 next to her (and AJU6 in the back). She was content the whole trip. She wasn't as content last week when we went to Wal-Mart - only making it half way around the store without wanting to be held - though. I think it depends on how awake she is. So, I will continue to bring the sling with us for a few more weeks, knowing I may or may not use it.

No comments: