Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Year Ago...

Today is the Thursday of finals week. Things seem so much different now! I had to enter grades and complete all of our end of term paperwork with AJU5 in tow. I am no longer a full time faculty member, so I don't have an office on campus (which makes keeping AJU5 entertained slightly harder). But, I would definitely say that I love my current life!

At her doctor's appointment on Tuesday, we found out AJU5 weighed 18 lbs 3.5 oz (10th percentile), was 28 inches tall (25th percentile), and had a head circumference of 48 cm (95th percentile). That makes for one very skinny, somewhat short, and very large headed one year old! This might be why she doesn't want to walk - she isn't proportioned correctly (have you every tried to walk with weights attached to your head?).

We have also started sleep training AGAIN. Getting up every 2 hours was killing me, so I started making her go three hours on Monday. Tuesday night she refused the three hours once (screamed for 20 minutes before I gave up), but did the 3 hours every other time on her own. Last night she went down close to 9 (we were at church late, but she was happy because she was playing with the other kids). She woke up a little past midnight. Then she cried a little around 1, but she put herself down before I even considered getting her. I didn't hear her again until almost 7! It was amazing to get that kind of sleep! Now, if only I hadn't had to hear my husband's alarm at 4:45...

Here are a few cute, somewhat recent, pictures. One is of one of her melt downs (for an unknown reason - we were right there!). Then there is her winter sweater, hat, and mittens from her grandma. And finally, there is a picture of spiked hair!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Punk rocker baby, I love it!

Sarah said...

Love the winter wear!!

We have that stacky thing, but lost the jingly ball it came with-- I think the ball was the most fun!

I HATE doing all that administrative stuff, especially with the kiddies.

Have a fantabulous break!!

Becca said...

Yay for sleep! And Christmas break. Love the new pictures!!!

Court D said...

So hard to balance work and baby sometimes I wish it was possible to live two lives at once so I didn't miss anything!