Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dreams, etc.

AJU5 periodically has a bad night and requires someone to snuggle with. It happened Friday night and Sunday night (I didn't even hear a peep from her last night...). Friday night I went and laid with her until I realized she was ready to sleep (she was thirsty - she had refused her cup most of hte day for some reason). About four hours later she woke again, but that time AJU1 went and slept with her (it was the time he would have gotten up if it had been a work day).

So, to Sunday night... She woke and cried. I got up to get her (went downstairs to get her cup). She got quiet before I headed upstairs so I went to bed. About 30 minutes later she was screaming again. So, to her bedroom I went. I ended up having to sleep with her for the rest of the night (which means a fitful night for me). During this night, I had a kind of scary dream...

I dreamt AJU5 had a seizure and was a limp rag. She wasn't able to stand. She wasn't able to hold herself up. It was very freaky. Luckily, I soon realized it was a dream. She was fine. She was sleeping at my feet.

But then I thought of all of the people who have gone through worse things. I think of Kayleigh. I think of all of the babies that die at birth or shortly after that. I think of those who have lost a little one lately. I am blessed to have a happy, healthy little girl. Others aren't that lucky. I guess it was just a reality check for me...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

So true. It's hard, sometimes, so remember how lucky I am because they can be kind of hard to deal with. But you're right. Blessings, indeed.

Coach Mom said...

It is dreams like this (and the real-life experiences too) that help us remember to count our blessings!

I love your blog. It is always nice to see a woman called to motherhood, who embraces the challenge!

Becca said...

It's terrifying how vulnerable you become once you have children, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad it was just a dream, and so glad that you've gained some perspective from a scary moment! That has happened to me before (her AngelCare alarm went off as a fluke) and OH it's hard to keep your mind from racing...