Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fun Trip to Target - NOT!

So, AJU5 is/was in need of ride on toys. So, we went to Target today to see what they had. After scanning the clothing areas (nothing at a good price...), we headed to toys. We first stopped at the more "indoor" ride on toys. First I had her try the Little People Fire Truck, which she liked. Then we saw the Leap Frog version. At our store, the Leap Frog one was only $19.99 (Little People was $24.99). so we put that int he cart and headed to the "outdoor" ride on toy area. There were a few cries along the way, but once she saw an outdoor ride on (note: the one in the store was pink), she climbed on and was happy. But, I didn't see a price. So, I had to get her off, carry it to the scanner, and scan it (not easy to do). It was $59.99 - more than I wanted to spend, especially for something pink! So, I had to put it back with her screaming the whole way. Now we headed to the card area so I could buy a graduation card for my BIL. She was NOT a happy camper. She walked some, but would take off down aisles as we walked by. With a mixture of carrying and coaxing, we made it to the cards. But, she was not happy. She kept pointing to her toy. So, I got it out and let her sit on it while I picked out a card. Once I was done, she wasn't ready to get off. So, I also picked out Father's Day cards. Then, I had to deal with a screaming kid again while I put the toy back in the cart and headed to the check-out. We did make it through, but it wasn't fun.

Now that we are home, we have only had one scream fit. She wanted to get the pop-ups open, but she refused to push the buttons. She was trying to pull them open. Luckily, she has figured it out now and is happy. I might regret this purchase though. The sounds are quite loud. But, I guess I could take the batteries out (and it might have a volume control - we will look for that tonight once she is asleep)!

What is your worst shopping experience?

2 comments:

Coach Mom said...

Since the house can so easily get cluttered with toys every birthday and holiday, we kindly suggested to the grandparents to pick outdoor toys for gifts. My Mom took to that really well and now there is an excitement about what kind of "bike" Granny & PawPaw will give for each birthday. As the kids get older the "bike" even turned out to be roller skates!

Anonymous said...

We've had some rough outings, but for the most part they take place at church where she needs to sit quietly - that doesn't really agree with a 15-month-old! For the most part, she enjoys being in stores... but I haven't really had to tell her "no" yet. Sounds like you've got your mode of handling her down!

How is pregnancy dealing with a toddler? We're starting to talk about when to begin TTC #2, and I'm just curious how it's going. Hope you're feeling well!