This week we have been to three stores - Target, WalMart, and Costco. Each of these stores has shopping carts for at least two.
Target (and Lowe's) have the ones with chairs facing each other in a separate compartment. The view from said chairs is not good, and I don't really know how well they would work with two kids because the area is just so small.
WalMart has ones that face away from you, but again they are separate from the cart. These seem to work a lot better! First, they still allow for a smaller child in the cart seat (unlike the Target ones). Second, the kids have a view! Finally, they aren't fighting for space really. They are sitting next to each other, but there is ample leg room, etc.
Costco has more traditional carts, but they are wider so the seat is big enough for two. The big advantage here is that it is easier to drive/steer! You don't have an extra long cart with an extra set of wheels to try and maneuver around the store. The kids still have a view, but are facing you with these carts.
So, which do I prefer? WalMart and Costco are pretty even. If you have three smaller kids, the WalMart ones are probably best. But, they are harder to maneuver, especially when you are looking at clothes (aisles aren't too bad).
Have you tried these shopping carts? Which ones do you like?
2 comments:
Costco for sure. I also like the Target ones, but they claim to be for 2 and up, although we've used them since J was 9 months. Double carts just sort of suck, especially the ones that look like trucks. Ugh. I put H in the seat and wore J in the Bjorn for as long as I possibly could. Now H walks and J rides and we go sloooooooow.
I've been through a cart progression through the years! I found it easier to wear #2 in the Bjorn with #1 in the cart. When #3 arrived, I liked Walmart's carts for strapping in the older 2, and putting the infant seat on the child seat of the cart. Unfortunately, the seatbelts/straps on Walmart & Target's carts were often broken, which was frustrating. When 2 kids can sit up together, I enjoy Costco's/Sam's Clubs 2-seater version....much easier to steer.
The craziest I've experienced was the race car shopping cart at Albertsons--put 2 preschoolers in the racecar seat, 1 toddler in the cart seat, 1 infant in his carseat in the back where groceries go, and 1 big kid on the racks underneath the cart! I was desperate for milk! I got quite a workout pushing that loaded-down contraption through the store!
Post a Comment