Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Survived!

We survived the trip fairly easily. Yes, take off and landing were a pain, but the rest went fairly smoothly. AJU5 was really well behaved this weekend. She had her moments where she didn't want to be where we were (like dinner), but that is to be expected!

So, here are a few highlights:
  • AJU5 got to play with my cousin's daughter Z Saturday night. We were at my aunt and uncle's for dinner (mom's side), and they had a lot of fun. There were the normal toddler issues of sharing the sand toys and trikes, but they got along well.
  • Sunday at 5:15 local time, AJU5 crawled off the bed. I heard her sit up, and I said "Hi AJU5." Then I heard her crawl to the other side of the bed and I told her to be careful. Then I heard a thunk followed by cries. Luckily, it was just a little bump on the head and she was perfectly fine! I think she was still mostly asleep. She may have been trying to find Daddy, as she crawled to his side of the bed...
  • Sunday morning was the service. There were laughs and tears, but I think it was just perfect. AJU5 did well during it - playing with the other kids or just hanging out in her stroller. After the service we went to brunch at an extend family member's house. It was a great time together as family! AJU5 had fun playing with more cousins as well as exploring the yard with any adult!
  • Sunday evening we went to dinner with my aunt and uncle and their family (dad's side). We were all staying at the same hotel, so it was natural :) AJU5 of course hated all of the waiting! And there was a lot of it when you have a table for 15! Luckily the restaurant was in a mall, and we were able to go walk around while we waited. At the end, she had had enough though - which isn't surprising because it was past her bed time...
  • Monday most of the family left. One sister, her son, one cousin, and her family were all that remained. The cousin and her family flew out at about the same time as AJU5 and I (5:00ish), and my sister didn't leave until early this morning. So, we all headed back to the mall. It is a big mall! We spent about 3 hours there just walking around and checking out a few stores. We could have spent all day there if we wanted to (although none of us a huge shoppers, so we didn't). There are rides in this mall, but 95% of them have height requirements that AJU5 doesn't meet. She was not happy about this at all! But, she survived :)
  • AJU1 met us at the airport. AJU5 kind of shunned him... I think she was mad that he left us at the airport on Saturday! But, this morning she didn't shun him. She got in the habit of waking at 5am our time for some reason. So, she was up for about 45 minutes while Daddy got ready for work. Then she slept for another 1.5-2 hours. And she is already down for a nap. This is good because she is behind on sleep a little bit! And I have time to get things done!
Okay, that is a long enough post :) I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a good trip! Glad she didn't hurt herself crawling off the bed!!

Jen L. said...

Glad you survived! Also glad she didn't hurt her head. Dean flopped off my MIL's bed at Christmas and landed in the ER. Adventures in toddler rearing, huh? Welcome home.