AJU5 isn't sleeping great at night AGAIN. The worst part - she only wants mommy! Two nights this week AJU1 has gotten up to see if he can calm her down. Both times she has come running to our bed to find me. She wants to snuggle - and that is really all she wants/needs. So, I have been sleeping with her a lot. Putting her back in bed isn't an option - she wakes within 30 minutes and cries again. So, it has been futon for us... Wednesday night she did stay in bed the whole night, so I thought we might be over it. But, no... last night I had to sleep with her again. At least is was over 2 hours later than Monday and Tuesday night... She has been napping just fine on her own. She goes down just fine on her own. So, I don't know what we can do to get her through this other than just to let time tell. We have let her cry for about 15 minutes, but it just gets louder (it starts as periodic cries and goes to a constant cry that we can only take about 2-3 minutes of). We may see if she will sleep with Daddy some tonight, but I don't know.
Saving grace - she takes good naps! I have been napping each afternoon as well, so I am not dead! But, mornings can be a little slow around her. She is getting a little more TV time than normal as a result too. I just don't have the energy to distract her before about 8:30 :)
So, here is praying that she will start sleeping through the nights again ASAP!
1 comment:
Oh no! I am so sorry :(
It is very sweet that she wants to snuggle with you, and I think you're a very patient and excellent mom for knowing what she needs and sleeping with her even though you are pregnant and exhausted :)
Post a Comment