Tuesday, October 27, 2009

LIttle Helper

AJU5 has become a good little helper when she wants to be. She is now taking an interest in helping make food, which is a mixed blessing. Last week she helped make breakfast burritos. She got to crack one egg and wanted to open it. Luckily I was able to catch the insides and put them in the pan before making a huge mess. Then she got to add some cheese to the pan before I served the food. Yesterday she helped make mac n' cheese. She poured the noodles and cheese powder and then got to do a couple of stirs for the final product. I thinking baking with her will be fun, but we don't bake much. It isn't that we don't like sweets. It is that if there are sweets in the house they are normally eaten at a not-so-healthy rate that we just avoid them most of the time.

She also helped outside on Saturday. First, she picked up roof shingles that AJU1 had thrown down (broken ones he had replaced). I was very grateful for this because I didn't have to bend down! Then, she helped move the big trashcan over to where AJU1 was trimming a bush and helped clean up the debris from that as well (and helped returnt he trash can to its "home").

So, I am hopeful that once Junior arrives she will continue to be a help! AJU1 will have a week off for paternity leave (and possibly more for vacation), so she should get attention. Plus, my MIL will be here for 2 weeks (and FIL for one of those weeks), so more attention for her! But, I know she will have her jealous moments. Luckily, she is already good at playing by herself!

Does your little one(s) help with chores?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So sweet! Jack LOVES to throw his diaper in the trash, and today, he put a new bag in the trash can (not well, but it was so cute). I also just started letting him help Harry and me bake, and he loves it. Glad you have a little helper :)

Jen L. said...

Dean likes to throw his diapers away, too. He also knows how to fetch them from his diaper bag if we're doing a change downstairs. His favorite chore is unloading and loading the dishwasher.

Anonymous said...

We're working on it! Maddie loves to pick up her crayons and put them all in the tin where they're kept... but she also really loves to dump them all back out and repeat the process.

She LOVES to help me cook, though - she's a great mixer and she loves to choose cookie cutters for me.

I'm sure that AJU5 will be a big help once the new baby is here!