So, we have had our new king sized bed for over a week now. Sleep still isn't perfect for either of us, but we feel that we are sleeping better than we did on the old one. Of course, being very pregnant doesn't help me sleep in the least! And AJU1 is learning to sleep on his side more than his stomach, so that is resulting in him waking more at night we think. But, all in all, it was a good purchase.
Now for the details. We looked at a lot of beds. We had test runs on Sleep Number beds and Denver Mattress beds. We laid on a few other beds at Sears. Then we looked at the numbers. A good Denver Mattress bed was more than half the price of a lower-end Sleep Number bed. The other brands really ranged in price between these two mostly. Online reviews for beds area ll over the place, so you can't get answers there (some people love the beds, others hate them). So, in the end price was the deciding factor.
We went with the Denver Mattress Doctor's Choice bed. We can buy two of these for the price of many other king beds, and the life span is supposed to be about the same. We already have one Denver Mattress bed (guest bed that used to be ours), and it wasn't bad. It was a lower end one, and we slept okay on it for about 3-4 years. And, it is still in good shape (hence why it is the guest bed - we didn't stop sleeping on it until we moved tot he master bedroom in this house and decided not to move it because we knew we wanted a king bed soon). We considered spending a little more for the one with the individually wrapped springs, but we decided against it. We don't wake too much because the other is moving (unless we get hit), so we didn't think it would be worth it.
What brand bed do you sleep on? Is it comfortable? Would you recommend it or not?
4 comments:
We have a Simmons with a pillow top and it's the most wonderful bed I have ever slept on EVER. We bought it with our bedroom set when we moved into this house, so it's just over a year old. I like it because the mattress is firm, but you get the softness of the pillow top. When I go to bed with muscle aches, I still seem to wake up refreshed.
The bed we had in our NYC apartment was HORRIBLE. I finally had to move to our futon in my last few weeks of pregnancy because it was so uncomfortable. That's probably because when we were moving it to NYC, it flew off the truck and rolled down the NJ Turnpike, resulting in a huge gash. We duck taped the gash closed and still slept on it. Eventually a spring popped out (on my side, of course), so we had to try to sew it up.
So you can see why we love our new bed so much. ;)
Also, you are having a baby REALLY SOON!
I have no idea what kind of mattress I sleep on! But something tells me it's time to invest in a new one!
Even though I have yet to purchase one of these myself though I plan to in the future. My parents have had a Sleep Number bed for 10+ years and they LOVE it. They will pretty much never have to buy another mattress. Coming from someone who has back problems I think having the ability to change the firmness of your mattress separate from your SO is ideal. If my back is bothering me then I can sleep on a firmer mattress for a few nights. Not to mention I love a firmer mattress but my DH likes a softer one. We will be purchasing one of these soon.
We have a super firm sealy? simmons? It was my husband's before we moved in together and it's awesome. No pillow top for us because of my sexy night-sweat problem. The super firm is fantastic.
Next goal: king bed. I am jealous of yours!
ps - I'm Eva! See your comments all the time and have just been too lazy to check on your blog!
Post a Comment