I have less than 6 weeks left of this pregnancy. And I think my body is settling into this fact. My hands a slightly swollen this time around, and the wedding ring has taken a place on the necklace until Junior arrives. I can still get it on and off, but it is snug and not always comfortable. So, I thought I would be safe and not risk ever getting it stuck.
Other than that, the only annoyances I am having are periodic nausea and waking every 2-3 hours at night to roll over. I guess I am lucky that I don't have other issues like many pregnant women do. But, yeah, I didn't think Iw ould still have to take Zofran occasionally during the 3rd trimester.
AJU5 seems to be realizing something is up too. First, she still prefers me for most things, but she wants to be with Daddy if she knows he is around (i.e. not at work). Half of the time, I am required to be in the room as well for her antics. The only time this is a problem is church on Sunday mornings. AJU1 teaches the adult Sunday school class, so I would prefer she stayed in her class instead of playing in the room where Daddy teaches. Then, during service, he runs the AV equipment. She is not allowed up there for obvious reasons, and this can be a big fight. Some days I can distract her in the nursery (although I can't leave without a long period of screams); other days I have to take her outside and try to explain that (a) we can't go home yet, and (b) Daddy is working. Unfortunately, I don't think she is listening :)
But, she is definitely seeking out my lap more often these days. She wants to snuggle up and sit with me if I am watching the TV. She wants to play "night night" and rest her head on mine at least once a day. And, starting yesterday, she is seeking out kisses. I think she had associated kisses with bedtime/naptime and therefore didn't want them when she was awake. But, now she wants them throughout the day. It is funny that some times she just leans in a asks for a kiss. Other times she tries to make the kissy lips. Either way, I am happy to oblige.
2 comments:
Awe! Toddlers can be so cute when they start to show love like that....they model what they've been receiving!
I love the random kisses-- toddlers are the best
Post a Comment