So, AJU5 either has a cold or allergies. She is stuffed up for sure, but that is the only symptom really (other than toddler moodiness and a refusal to sleep like normal). Her temp was just slightly above normal yesterday (99.5), and she feels cool today, so I am hoping it is just allergies. But, we are staying in today for sure just to be safe!
Yesterday she napped for maybe an hour. She took about 30 minutes in the morning and then snuggled with me while watching Toy Story in the afternoon (and dozed). She asked for night-night multiple other times, but she never stayed in bed for more than 20 minutes (i.e. no napping). So, I was hoping she would be exhausted enough to sleep through the night. But no. She went down at 6;30ish and was up just before 8. We watched another episode of Curious George (I think she thought it was morning already) and she went back down before 8:30. But then she was up before 10. AJU1 was still up (had gotten home less than 30 mintues earlier from his trip), so he got her and eventually brought her to me in bed. Within minutes she was OUT - enough for me to move her over to the middle without waking her. I didn't want to move her back to bed because I had a feeling I would be up an hour later if I did. All was good until about 1:30. She had woken up some, but she just snuggled in more and would crash. At 1:30 she wanted her juice (which was in her crib), so we went and got it and returned to bed. After chugging that down, she decided it was poke mommy in the face time. After about 30 minutes of this, I hauled her to her bed! I was tired and didn't want to deal with her any more. I was prepared for some cries, but she settled right down and didn't get up until 6:30ish this morning.
The funny thing is my husband had no clue she was up for 30 minutes attacking me! He slept through the whole thing. I think he has decided the king bed was definitely worth it after last night!
2 comments:
HA! I hate the "Poke Mommy in the face" game. Though with T, it's more of a "See if Mama can sleep with a baby-turban" I cannot sleep with children in the bed because they want too much interaction, and sleep, for me, is a non-interactive activity :-D
I hope she gets to feeling and sleeping better soon!
That is a great recommendation for a King size bed, when you husband didn't notice the toddler action! Love it.
We've got a couple kiddos who like to curl up in the small of my back (when I am sleeping on my side) when they find their way to our bed. So far, they haven't visited our bed at the same time, so there hasn't been a battle for that location!
Post a Comment