Friday, November 20, 2009

Product Review Friday - Overnight Diapers (Revisted)

So a month or two ago I bought the Pampers nighttime diapers instead of the Huggies because they were cheaper. Conclusion - they don't work as well! Based on weight alone, they don't hold as much as the Huggies. So, we are sticking to the Huggies brand. I did buy AJU5 a package of Pull-Ups from Costco that contains some nighttime pull-ups. Those seem to work about as well as the Huggies Overnights, although we have only used them once. We will wait until she is a little more willing to sit on a toilet before using the Pull-Ups since they are more expensive.

But, my friend put AJU5 in a standard Pampers yesterday (thanks for changing her while she was at your house), and they seem to hold more than standard Huggies or Kirtland diapers. I wish there was consistency in brands! But, then again during the day you don't need them to hold as much normally. So, the others work just fine.

Okay, enough on diapers... Now to pray that in the next 9 months AJU5 will sit on a toilet and be willing to start using one! I don't want to have two kids in diapers forever!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Be careful what you wish for-- potty training is waaayyyy worse than diapers in my opinion :)

But you are sooooo right about the Huggies. I cheaped out on the Pampers, too, and they are just not as good.

Jen L. said...

We use Parents' Choice (Walmart's brand) during the day, then Huggies Overnight. You're right, they're the best.

Marcus tried to put Dean on the toilet last night. He thought he was going swimming. We're not quiiiite ready yet!

Coach Mom said...

I second that--potty training is worse than diapers, for me! I like the end result, but not the process.

FYI...that diaper was one of those Pampers Cruisers...much nicer than the regular Pampers Baby Dry. The Cruisers would be more equated with Huggies Supreme...the Baby Dry would be closer match to the regular Huggies/Kirkland/Luvs/Parent's Choice. Those cheaper versions, no matter what the brand, were wimpy for my kids. Not sure if they just wet a lot, or if I take too long between diaper changes! :) But, I've been a fan of Pampers Swaddlers, then Cruisers for over 7 years now! (I tried every diaper on the market with my first, until I found my favorite, and I haven't looked back since...)

But, I recently babysat a toddler who was wearing one of those Huggies Overnights, and I was quite impressed. I did not realize such things existed...big improvement in the diaper world!