AJU5 has almost all of her capital letters down. The only ones she has any issue with are N, U, V, and Z. For U, she always says double u, but when asked to bring the U, she will bring the U (and not the W or M). Yesterday she did the Z all on her own, and the N is sometimes correct (although pronunciation is a sticking point - it comes out a lot like M). She also knows some of the lower case letters like a (and those who have basically identical upper and lower case letters). So, I think we will have no problem getting them all down by the years end. She also knows two numbers - 2 and 8. I think as AJU6 gets older (and I use the numbers for his month birthdays), we will easily get the others down.
So, AJU5 had been saying "circle and line... line and circle" for a while. I thought she was referring to shapes, as she knows what a circle is. Finally, I realized where she got it from - Word World! On the "Bed Bugs" episode, Frog gets a new bed, which of course comes as the letters b, e, and d. He is showing the bugs how to determine which is the b and which is the d (lower case) and sings a song: "Line and circle is the letter b, ... circle and line is the letter d." Now, I don't know if she has the letter part in her mind, but she knows circle and line!
Okay, now to deal witht he toddler who is trying to climb on my lap while I type... more later - someday - I don't know when...
2 comments:
What a smart girl you've got there!
What are you using to teach her the letters and numbers? Do you have flashcards or cutouts? That's great that she knows all her letters! She's a smart one! Dean is way more interested in numbers than letters these days. I wonder if it's a boy thing? We have letter/number books, flashcards and foam letters/numbers for the tub.
Post a Comment