All of a sudden AJU5 has been willing to nap in her big girl bed. A few weeks ago we started to play with her on her bed. We would lay down with her when she just needed a little rest. We would help her get on and off on her own. Then, Monday I convinced her to nap there. I had to lay down with her first, but I left before she was asleep (AJU6 cried, so I had an excuse to get up). The last two days I have only had to tell her that is where she is going to nap - and there haven't been any complaints. Today she brought her milk and juice cups up while I was int he shower and just laid on her bed until she heard that I was out. A few minutes ago she climbed up (because I said we were done playing on the computer) and put herself down!
Advantages: She can put herself to bed.
She can get out when she is ready.
When we travel, I don't have to worry about how she will sleep.
Disadvantages: I can no longer keep her out of bed when I want her to stay awake.
She isn't forced to give up her pacifiers before she gets out of bed.
I can't "force" her to rest a little longer.
Hopefully once she makes the complete transition to the big girl bed we can end the pacifier use. Then, we can SLOWLY start getting AJU6 ready to sleep in the crib...
THey are growing up too fast :(
No comments:
Post a Comment