AJU5 and AJU6 both mastered new things this week outside, as we have taken some advantage of the warmer temperatures here.
First, AJU6 learned to climb to the top of the playground using the ladder. This means I don't have to lift him up anymore - something I do like. Unfortunately he thinks he can come down the ladder too, but his legs just aren't long enough yet. I am working on getting him to slide, but ours has a bump and a good drop at the end, so he doesn't like to slide alone (he has hit his head a few times when we have tried it).
And the biggest news - AJU5 can peddle her own tricycle! She figured out how to go backwards a week or two ago. Her trike has a removable handle, and she had been practicing. But, there is only so much pushing her around in circles a mommy can take (especially with AJU6 walking around). Today she asked me to take the handle off and she made is across the concrete on her own (the length of our house). I bet she could have gone farther, but she changes activities A LOT these days.
I plan on letting the kids play outside a lot this spring and summer, and hopefully they will be pretty independent out there soon. I know I will still have swing pushing duties, but it will be nice to just sit outside and watch them like I get to do a few minutes each day already.
No comments:
Post a Comment