Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Perfectionist

I think AJU5 is a perfectionist. And I think that is why she won't color. Instead, she "makes" me do it.

She found the love of some software I have on my computer. It is meant for die-cutting (for scrapbooking), but you can also print your creations. So, we have printed a few creations so far. And she says before we print she wants to color. But, we get the colors out, she might make a mark on the paper, and then she says she can't do it and I have to. Today she "had" to do some of it on her own since AJU6 wasn't napping. She got outside the lines twice and flipped out. She got the pencil, and tried to erase the crayon. It didn't work great, but it helped a little. Luckily I still had the picture on the computer, so I just printed her another one. It is still blank...

I hope she gets over this soon. She is the same way with writing letters. She has successfully written T, L, I, and A before, but lately she has refused. She makes a mark and says she can't do it. I hope to get her over this, but there doesn't seem to be a quick solution. I keep pushing her to do some - taking turns for some things - and it isn't making a big difference. But, she is only 3. So, there is time.

Luckily, she does have her colors and shapes down now and can count to at least 12. Our next goal is to know the numbers visually (what number is this game). But, she isn't interested really. Again, she is only 3, so we have some time...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Harry has always been this way-- maybe it's an oldest child thing? He hates to write "C and "G"-- they drive him INSANE because he can't quite get them right.