Sunday, October 12, 2008

Trying for 4 - Takes 1 and 2

So, Friday night we started to make AJU5 go 4 hours at night without us getting her. Friday didn't start out well, with her crying after only 3 hours. But, she didn't get too upset when we made her wait for an hour. She then made if 3.5 hours or so. The 30 minutes of crying off an on was hard, but she made it. Then she went for about two hours and wanted to be awake.

Last night she did a little better to begin with - waking just before 4 hours. Then she went for over 5 hours! Now, if she can keep that up... We did move my computer out of her room yesterday. It is kind of loud, so maybe that helped. Her fan makes some noise, but it is a better sound than my computer I think.

We are finally getting her a crib here soon. Our friends were gifted with a barely used one when they thought they would need two. But, they moved the 18 (almost 19) month old into a toddler bed instead of keeping her in a crib (they have an almost 1 month old now too). So, I just need to buy a crib mattress. Do you have any suggestions for a relatively inexpensive one? I don't want to spend over $75 on it, but I want it to last and be fairly comfortable (remember, she has been sleeping in a pack n' play all her life basically, so it doesn't have to be too soft).

4 comments:

Jen L. said...

We bought a baby Simmons mattress. Look at Target--it's about $15 cheaper there than at Babies R Us! Dean went from sleeping in his bassinet to his pack n play for 4 months to this mattress and started sleeping through the night as soon as we moved him to it! (Maybe that will happen for you, too!) My only problem with it (this is SO SO SO vain) is that it has some colored "swooshes" on it that shine through the sheets. If that were the biggest problem in my life, oh, what a happy girl I'd be. ;)

Marianne said...

I was going to suggest the Simmons too. We got ours at Babies R Us, but we used a 15% off coupon.

Sarah said...

My fear-mongering parenting mags this month (al 3 of them) say if you are buying a mattress, go organic. We also have a Simmons. Loaded with chemicals. It's from Target :)

Sleep sounds like it's going well. Ah, sleep. How I envy you :)

Anonymous said...

I would say IKEA, but I don't know if you have one near you.