Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Last week as busy. This week is busy. Luckily, they are good busies!

This week is our church's VBS. I am in charge of games, although I have some young teen helpers for when AJU5 leads me away or I get tired. AJU5 has actually stayed with her group at least 1/2 of the time. Her group is actually all older than her (mainly 4-6 year olds), but her buddy E is in there with her. She doesn't like the games so much (because they are geared to older kids) and she normally gets tired of the lesson near the end, but other than that she has stayed with them for the 3 hours!

Last week we did a few fun things because most of the summer activities close around here at the end of this week (and we are busy this week). So, we made two trips to the spray park! We also did some shopping and got her pictures taken at JcPenney. She even had a play date one day while I went to an appointment. All of this was on top of my last week of class (teaching)!

There are times I want to keep up the somewhat busy schedule and other times I just want to have nothing to do. I think she does best when we get out at least some. Luckily, story time starts again at the beginning of September. I am thinking of taking her to two different ones (two libraries) now that she is older and can really participate in the second one. So, that takes care of two days. But, I don't know if I want to add anything more to our plate. I don't want to be running everywhere and be all crazy. Plus, we still have the zoo and aquarium to go to. Once it cools down, I would like to go to one at least every other week... So, maybe I will leave it at that... we will see...

How busy are your weeks? Do you run lots of places with your kids or just hang out around the house?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I like being busy most of the time. Jack goes to Little Gym, and we're going to do a story time while Harry is at preschool, and Harry does a couple other activities, too.

But some days, I want nothing more than to hole up inside and watch movies and read books and make a giant play doh mess.

Enjoy getting out and about while you just have your little cutie pie, because leaving with 2 kind of sucks a lot at first (but it gets easy really fast)

Jen L. said...

I think our schedule is about to experience a big overhaul. I'm only teaching MWF this semester, so Dean will go to mother's day out at the church from 9 to 2 on those days. T/T I'll be home with him. I imagine those will be the days we'll go to the library and the park and such. We try to save most of our shopping for Sunday afternoons so Marcus can go with us.

We do love "stay in your PJs til 3pm" days too, though. :)

KG said...

I HAVE to take my kid out of the house. He gets totally stir-crazy. We usually hit the park in the morning (weather permitting) and go to the pool in the afternoon. It lets him burn off energy and keeps us all a little bit more sane.