So, the last three nights, sleep hasn't come so easily in the U household. Wednesday AJU5 and Daddy stayed home from church because it was obvious AJU5 was not going to make it to 7. She went down without a fuss at 6:30, but was awake at 11:15. She was loud enough to wake Daddy quickly, so he brought her to bed (I normally wait a little longer to see if she goes back down). After 30 minutes, I bring her back to her room and we lay on the futon. After about 10 minutes it was obvious she was tired but not going to fall asleep with me there, so I put her in bed and she slept for about 30 minutes. Then the crying began again. This time I realized her juice cup was empty. So, I went and refilled it. During this, AJU5 walked to our room and staked her claim on my side of the bed. So I curled up on the floor with the body pillow and a blanket. Before too long, she got down off the bed and led me back to her crib, where she stayed for the rest of the night.
Thursday night she again went down fine - only an hour early! Then she woke up two hours later. It was still light out, so she probably thought she had just taken a nap. She was up until 9 (our bed time), and then she went down without much fuss. But, there was fussing between 3 and 4am. It would be a little cry and then silence for about 10 minutes. A few times I got up, but she was completely quiet before I even got out of bed! Finally at almost 4 she was crying for real. So, I went and got her. Her juice was empty, her diaper had leaked, her nose was running, and she was a little warm. So, diaper and clothes change, new glass of juice, and a little hugging and she was good for a few more hours.
Friday night she agreed to go down at around 6:30. But, she didn't go to sleep. She did dirty her diaper though, so that is probably why. So, we let her watch an episode of the A-Team with us, and then she was good to go! No night crying at all luckily!
Hopefully tonight will be better. At least there was a reason for some of her issues, but the waking up at night is no fun when you do it already a few times because the baby is moving!
1 comment:
LOL @ A-Team-- awesome!
It's good that she lets you know what she needs-- remember when they were babies, and it was so darn hard to figure out what was wrong?
Post a Comment