Friday, August 14, 2009

Week Wrap-Up

VBS was a blast this year, which is good because the theme was Beach Blast! Now, juggling a toddler and games wasn't always fun, but I managed with the help of the teens. Well, the last rotation I was normally dead by, but that was the oldest group and they had all been to our VBS for the past two years! So, they were old hats at this.

AJU5 did well too. She didn't participate in games, but she did participate in lesson and craft when she wasn't napping mostly. And, when she didn't want to participate in lesson, she was content doing the craft she missed! So, I think she will do well in Sunday School in the fall. Her and her buddy are moving from the nursery to class together, joining the buddy's brother in the preschool class (yeah, our church is that small). I am looking forward to being able to pay attention during class until Junior makes his/her arrival!

We also went swimming yesterday. This was the first time I had taken AJU5 to a city pool. She had swam 4 times in a hotel pool, but that is it. I grew up with a pool in the back yard, so city pools are somewhat foreign to me. Well, that is a lie - I lifeguarded at a few for three years. But, I learned they can be crowded and not too much fun. Luckily, the pool we went to wasn't crowded at all. We went with the other moms that helped with VBS as well as some of the teens, so I thought even if it was crowded we would have fun with friends. We spent an hour and a half in the baby pool - longer than I expected she would last with only a 30 minute nap! Only problem - I didn't put sunscreen on myself of AJU5's back. I am in pain now... It is mostly my back/neck/shoulders that don't get sun. AJU5's back is a little red still, but it isn't as bad as mine... Lesson Learned!

Oh, and a follow-up on the last post. AJU5 and I leave teh house daily. At the very minimum we go outside n the backyard and play. We often walk around the neighborhood as well. Other days we go shopping or head to the park. I was just referring to scheduled things that I might want to avoid. As Sarah said, it will be harder with two, so I don't want to get her too used to having something every day :)

2 comments:

Jen L. said...

So glad VBS was fun! Dean's moving into a new class at church, too. He starts mother's day out on Monday, so that'll be an adventure!

Hope your sunburn gets better. Wanna know a trick from my outdoor drama days? Rub a little Preparation H on it. The redness disappears and it's very soothing!

Unknown said...

Glad VBS was fun-- really cute fb pics.

I have the silliest tan lines from this summer b/c I always put sunscreen on them, but not so much on me-- I have a shorts and tank tops tan-- classy.