I have gotten a good bit of stuff done lately, but then I don't think I have actually done that much. It started last Tuesday when I cleaned out our downstairs closet and shoe drawers. Then, Wednesday I cleaned out 6 kitchen cabinets and sanitized all of the baby bottle stuff I found in the process. Thursday was normal story time at the library and doctor's appointment, so no housework was done. Friday we rearranged AJU5's room to make way for bunk beds (when we purchase them - which might not be for a while), and I cleaned out the inside freezer (attached tot he fridge). I also went and got my hair cut (just 4 inches off the bottom - straight cut) and then went back with AJU5 to get her hair cut (making it almost one layer plus bangs instead of the mess she had). Saturday I emptied out the outside freezer (and stuffed all of that stuff into the inside freezer) and turned it off so it could defrost and did the normal laundry. I also organized AJU5's toys during the week (as I found them) so they are easier to pick up now.
On the to-do list still are cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming and mopping all appropriate floors, and organizing the pantry and "junk" drawer. Hopefully I can tackle on bathroom a day (minus the shower in ours because I can't get down to clean it well enough these days) and then the organizing pantry and drawer before Saturday. Saturday will be the big floor day, as I need AJU1 to distract AJU5 while I mop (i.e. to avoid toddler in the bucket issues). Then the house will be clean and organized for the in-laws!
But, then I think of how the in-laws house looks most of the time we go there. We end up cleaning and organizing half of the time because there is going to be a big gathering and it needs to be done. So, part of me wonders why I am spending so much time getting everything neat and organized for them. But, that is just how I am. I hate having people over when the house isn't clean!
And T minus 2 weeks until the baby is hear (if not before)! I think I am ready...
4 comments:
How cute are you with all the nesting? :)
I cannot WAIT to see pictures of your new squishy baby and how cute AJU5 will be holding him/ her!!!
You are in super nesting mode!
I cannot believe you are having a baby in TWO WEEKS (or less)! Super exciting.
You are amazing! I think I need to clean my house now.
I was convinced you'd had the baby! I hope you're hanging in there.
*hugs*
Post a Comment