With AJU5 I had no real pregnancy issues the last trimester. Yes, I had to get up and pee in the middle of the night and it was a little harder to get up and down, but I was definitely not complaining about any of that. I don't think physics and anatomy would allow those issues to not exist! this time around - not the case!
First, my fingers started to swell a few weeks ago. They still don't look huge thanks to my large knuckles, but I can't feel things as well and I always wake up with them asleep/tingly. I know I am definitely better off than some women in this category - but still!
Second, getting up and down is not so fun anymore. I can still do it, but don't ask me to do it too much! If I am on the floor, expect me to stay there for at least 15-20 minutes. My joints just can't take lifting this much weight over and over and over again! The same goes for getting out of low chairs. I raised my office chair one inch today, and it made the biggest difference in how my knee muscles felt. I wish I had thought of that earlier...
Third, I get other pelvic pain I never had with AJU5. This little one is punching and head-butting things AJU5 never did. Luckily, they aren't constant or even very often. But still...
One plu sto all of this - I think some of it is because this little one is sitting lower. AJU5 never dropped, so this is giving me a little hope that the VBAC will be possible. And I am definitely praying for a VBAC. AJU5 won't be able to visit me in the hospital due to the silly flu and all. So, I want to be able to come home within 48 hours if at all possible! The girl is just not used to not having mommy around... And since she won't be able to come, AJU1 will have to stay home with her once the baby is delivered so she doesn't totally lose it!
Okay, enough moaning and groaning for one morning :)
5 comments:
Hang in there....you're doing great! I'll be praying for a VBAC for you....and AJU5 can hang out at our house so that AJU1 can hang out with you & baby---and we will try to keep her too busy to notice the time away from you!
Almost there! I remember those aches and pains very well, and they were worse the second time around, for sure! Get what rest you can :)
You're so close! I hope you get to have a VBAC. Sarah is right--get some rest while you can!
This part is SO HARD. It sounds close, but every day seems so long and hard that it feels much longer! I found the second pregnancy to be much more physically taxing as well. Best of luck with the VBAC. You can do it!
The time is nigh! I'm thinking of you and hoping these next days/weeks go smoothly.
Post a Comment