Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Different

I am seeing how big AJU5 is these days compared to her baby brother. I changed both their stinky diapers within a half hour time period, and I was shocked at just how big her diapers are! She is in a Size 4 while he is wearing newborns. When she holds him, she dwarfs him. Then I look at pictures of her at birth. She was a pound and a half bigger, and still she looked small. But, because she was in the NICU with babies half her size, I wasn't taken back with her size as much. Now I find this little guy very tiny!

I also notice the difference when I pick up AJU5 after carrying AJU6 around all day. She is definitely heavier. But, then I realize she is probably 50th percentile or smaller. She could weigh a lot more at her age! I am glad she is small though - it makes holding both of them easier.

I have had both of them in my lap quite a bit. AJU5 will want up while I am holding or nursing AJU6. Luckily, we have wide couches, so there is room for both of them. I have a feeling we will be watching a lot of TV in the near future while I nurse AJU6! It is one way to get her not to ask me to get up and go play with her. I wonder how many Curious George and Word World episodes I will have memorized by the end of winter...

2 comments:

Jen L. said...

Do you have Nick Jr? If you do, try Jack's Big Music Show. As much as she likes music, AJU5 will probably love it. It's Dean's favorite--he gets up and dances! It comes on at 7:30am CST and we DVR it.

When I first held my nieghbor's new baby after lugging my 27 pound guy around, I thought I was going to sling him across the room because he was so light! It's so amazing how big they get so fast!

Coach Mom said...

LOL! Your post brings back such memories! You just reminded me HOW we started the habit of letting our oldest fall asleep to Elmo....that routine started with nap time while I was nursing Jersey #2! She would sit on the couch and watch Elmo while I sat next to her and nursed. Now, I remember.