First, AJU5 is two today. Just over 2 years ago, she was born (i.e. 2 years and some minutes). She is getting so big, but it still feels like yesterday that she was born! We decided to skip the party this year due to AJU6, but she has already had cake. I am going to get her some cookies today, and her friends are coming over for a little bit this afternoon. So, it won't be without celebration.
In the future, I plan on doing one party for both kids. With Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all of the other stuff between them, I have a feeling it will be easier to just pick one day and have one party! Plus, this way we won't have to deal with jealousy :) We will probably celebrate both birthdays with our families when we visit them for the respected holidays too, so it will only be their actual birthday that will be separate.
Today is also the first day I have both kids by myself. AJU1 has worked 4 days since AJU6 was born, but those were while his mom was still here. There are only 9 work days left for him this year, so hopefully we will survive :) Actually, it has been pretty easy so far. AJU5 woke around 6:15. AJU6 was also stirring during this time, so we all got up. After a little melt down because AJU1 was a t work, we headed downstairs. AJU5 wanted a waffle first thing, so she ate that while I started to feed AJU6. Then she was ready for her two morning shows (one Curi0us George and one W0rd World) . I fed AJU6 and then got him down for a nap. I was able to sneak upstairs and get into the bathroom before AJU5's shows were done. So, I got a shower - before noon! AJU5 met me at the bathroom door and led me downstairs. She wanted another show. I said no (saving them for feedings later), and she melted again. She asked to go to bed, so I put her in bed (knowing she wouldn't sleep). She played for a good hour in her bed! I was able to get some work done before AJU6 woke to eat some more. When she got up, she headed to find AJU6. He had of course moved since she went to her bed, so I had to assure her he was still in the house. She then proceeded to bring my his things. She ended up putting six blankets on the little guy. Luckily, she took to the fact that he would get hot with all of those blankets and left him with just two receiving blankets. Then she colored for a while before asking to go to bed again. And Again, she isn't sleeping. She is talking and singing. But, it is about nap time (within 30 minutes), so maybe she will eventually just crash...AJU6 is acting fussy. I don't know if he is hungry or just not happy... I will have to see here soon...
Expect a post with pictures in the next few days!
3 comments:
Happy birthday, AJU5! Way to go--sounds like your first day "flying solo" is going well! I'm particularly impressed with the shower before noon. I don't even do that on my days home and I've only got one little guy!
Happy Birthday AJU5!
You are doing a great job on your own today. Good work!
Happy birthday two year old!!
That sounds like the most hectic way to spend a morning:) Life with two definitely sounds like more of a juggling act!
Post a Comment