Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day and Such

Yesterday was AJU1's first father's day as a dad. We didn't do anything special, but we did spend lots of time hanging out as a family. He spent more time than usual holding and playing with AJU5, and we watched a movie together. All in all, it was a good day. AJU5 even fell asleep in his arms while we watched the movie (I got a picture of it, but I haven't gotten it off the camera yet).

As AJU5 gets bigger and more active, AJU1 becomes more and more involved in her care. He doesn't do much in the actual care column, but he loves to hold her, play with her, and just give me a break and allow me to get things done. He won't change her diapers because she is a girl (why I am praying for a boy when we are ready for number 2). He doesn't understand how baby clothes work (it was funny seeing him try to take off her overall dress yesterday before she had cereal). He rarely feeds her because I am still breastfeeding (he has given her a bottle a few times though - no attempts with the cereal though). But I can handle doing these things. His wanting to play with her when he gets home is a huge help, that the rest doesn't matter at all.

Happy Father's Day (a day late) to all the dads out there!

No comments: