Saturday, June 7, 2008

It is Great When We Can Laugh at Ourselves!

AJU5 loves mirrors! Yesterday I sat her in front of the new ones for our bathroom after she had been cranky and didn't want to be put down. She smiled and giglged and laughed at herself until I took her away (she was starting to pull on the box, and I didn't want it to fall on her). Later, after cereal but before bed, I put her in her exersaucer. I went to help AJU1 with the sanding of some doors, and the next thing we knew she was laughing again. So, we looked over, and she had turned the pages of the "book" to one of the mirrors and was laughing at herself again! It was great.

As for bed time, I tried reading to her before she went down. We read Luke 1, which is quite a long chapter, and then she eat a little bit and went down with only one pacifier reinsertion! So, maybe reading a chapter of the Bible before bed is a good routine. We will try Luke 2 tonight!

No comments: