Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mobile - But Not Crawling Just Let

AJU5 is mobile now. She can move forward and backwards as well as change direction. She isn't crawling, but is almost there. She gets up on her hands and knees, moves her arms forward, and then pushes with her feet until she is back on her belly. She continues this until she gets what she wants. It is kind of fun to watch her do this, and I am starting to make her come to me when she wants up (only one lunge distance though). Part of me is wanting her to crawl for real, but then the other part of me realizes it is nice that I can leave her somewhere and pretty much guarantee she won't have gone far. Once she starts crawling for real we will have to remember to put the gate up!

We have also determined she does not like prunes! The apple prune juice did not stay down the two times I gave it to her, so I won't try it again. Last night she get tired early, so she didn't want to eat much of her cereal. The not wanting to eat was discovered after (a) I split her juice all over the table trying to mix it into the cereal (b) while going to get a sponge to clean the juice up with she got a hold of her bowl and knocked it on the floor making a bigger mess. So, I was happy to figure out she was tired (about 45 minutes earlier than normal) and she went down easily. AJU1 and I actually went to bed when she normally does because we were both tired too.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Crawling is such a trip at first! You leave the room and come back and... "where did they go?" Charlie learned to crawl wearing only his infant bathrobe (no diaper, right before a bath), which was way too short. Very funny.

McMurtrey said...

It won't be long now! Then she will be into everything! Then fun is just beginning!

McMurtrey said...

Oh also can I link your blog with mine?

AJU5's Mom said...

Feel free to link to it A.M.!