Monday, October 27, 2008

Sunday...

Our church had a cook out on Sunday. So, we were at church for about 7 hours (we skipped evening service because we were so tired already). AJU5 had a lot of fun though. During Sunday School, she happily (and nicely) played with E who is 9 months older than her. Then, during service she napped in my arms. She was hungry before the food was ready, so that lead to some cries, but she survived with snacks until I could get her some chicken (we had cheerios and raisins with us). She got to play with grass, eat outside while listening to music, and play with all of the toys in the classroom with Daddy.

Then, last night she slept like a champ -well, sort of. I didn't have to get up for about 8 hours. SHe did whimper a few times, but it never lasted long enough (or was loud enough) to warrant me getting her. Sarah asked how 8 hours of sleep feels - well, I haven't gotten that yet. She has us trained to wake up at night. But 8 hours in bed is great! I didn't sleep great last night because I had a nap when we got home from church, but I am not dragging too much today.

AJU5 is also getting better at "sharing" and stacking. She will give us toys and try to put her stackers in a pile sometimes! It is great to see her play grow!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Not to be a total Debbie Downer, but you may never totally, completely sleep through the night again-- at least not while you still have young kids. I am such a light sleeper thanks to back-to-back babies. The flapping wings of a butterfly could wake me up at night.

Glad to hear she's sleeping well, and it sounds like a fun Sunday :)

One of them Youngs... said...

We did have squeaky cheese. I don't think Jordan tried it, but i thought it was pretty tasty! The "extra sharp white cheddar" was WAY to much for me though...wow! But it was all fun, I love cheese!

One of them Youngs... said...

Oh and be diligent with the sleep thing! I had 3 kids in 3.5 years and they all sleep great thanks to a LOT of hard work. It is way worth it to start early...the benefits of sleep benefit the whole family. Just my two cents!