First, for an AJU5 update:
She is figuring out how to use a fork! She knows how to use it once the food is stuck to the tongs. She isn't always great at getting the food stuck though (due to lack of force only). We figured this out last night when she was refusing to eat her chicken. She kept reaching for something on our plates (or so we thought). But, her meal was identical minus cream of mushroom soup on the chicken. So, when he was done, AJU1 gave her some from his fork (from her tray). She ate it! So we gave her the fork and let her do it. We still have to help her get the food on, but most of the time she is just as happy eating with her free hand (one hand is holding the fork of course).
She also slept from 1ish to 6ish this morning (after two wake ups before that). She did cry twice in the night, but it wasn't loud enough or long enough to warrant me getting out of bed. So, hopefully she will keep up the decent sleeping (and improve!).
++++++++++++++++++++++
Now on to the doctor's appointment (warning - if you don't want to hear about women things, stop reading):
My doctor thinks the leading possibility for the miscarriage was that my body just wasn't ready to be pregnant again. I had only had three periods since AJU5 was born (and not the same length). So, she thinks the baby may have been on the downward spiral even back in December when she saw me (all hindsight on her part - we had no idea when we had conceived, so anything was possible as to gestational age). But, it isn't something that is like to rear its head again.
She told us to wait at least two cycles before considering trying again (i.e. prevent it until then). I also have to have lab work done one more time, as my HCG level was a 56 on Friday (it was over 7000 on 12/31). So, now my goal is to wean AJU5 before we are ready to try again. That will make being pregnant even easier on my body...
So now the wait...
4 comments:
I know this has all been hard, but it sounds as if you received the best news possible from your doctor.
That's good that your doctor is so in-tune with you. I'm glad you'll be able to try again soon.
Dean LOVES his fork, but also tends to hold it while shoveling food in his mouth with the other hand.
How cool that she's using a fork-- I bet that's pretty adorable!!
Oh, that is exciting- learning to use a fork.
I can't wait to give Chloe finger foods for the first time, but she isn't quite ready yet.
I haven't been on your blog for awhile... I didn't realize all you were going through. I will be praying for you. ((HUGS))
Post a Comment