Thursday, January 29, 2009

MIssion: Aborted

Well, actually more like postponed. AJU5 is sick. When I got back from church last night (she stayed home with Daddy because she was napping), she was definitely running a fever. After some food, Tylenol, and playing, she slept okay. She did some 2 hour stretches, one 1.5 hour stretch (stretch #2 - when Tylenol dose 1 had worn off and she was stuffed up), and I think a 3 hour stretch. Tylenol seems to be keeping the fever under control. So, the only thing we have to really deal with is the runny nose. It is a fountain during the day, and she hates me wiping it! At night she got a little stuffed up for a while (probably because she was laying down). Hopefully it will go away soon. I think it is a combination of allergies (we have had quite a bit of wind here) and a virus. I am a little stuffed up, but I don't seem to be having any other issues.

So, as a result, we aren't pushing the sleep thing until she is better. AJU1 is out of town some next week, so if she is better by then, we will start. Otherwise we will wait for the weekend. Hopefully we can get her to sleep at least 6 hours at a time before too long (i.e. meaning I only have to get up once a night)!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so sorry she's sick! Poor little girl. Have you tried saline drops-- Jack HATES to have his little faucet-like nose wiped, too, and I am constantly shooting him up with saline drops to keep things cleared out. Yum.

I hear you about the sleeping. Last week, he was sleeping 7:30-3:30 in his PnP, which was beyond awesome, but this week, he's back to coming in our bed at 10:30. And he will only sleep if he can be attached to some part of my-- last night, he sucked on my arm.

Someday, they will sleep, right??

Corinne Cunningham said...

The poor kiddo! Hope she feels better soon... and that you get some rest soon as well!