Thursday, January 8, 2009

Randomness

First some AJU5 updates:
She LOVES music. She "dances" to the music from any of her toys. If she is crying, all we have to do is start the music. Unfortunately this means I have to listen tot he same songs over and over again!
Sleep has been hit and miss. Last Friday she slept for 8 hours with little to no peeps at all. This was a huge relief because both AJU1 and I were exhausted (and I wasn't up to doing much of course). Then she went back to her 4/2-3/2-3 mode until last night. She did her usual early wake up and then didn't need me until 5:30. She did stir once, but I am 99% sure I didn't get up. Hopefully she will do the 8 hour thing more and more so I can get better sleep!
She is very close to walking. She is standing a lot on her own. She even steps occasionally when not provoked. But, she still prefers to have something to hold on to or lean against (walls work just fine for her).

Now, on to me.
Tuesday night was hard. I couldn't sleep and ended up getting out of bed and writing a letter to Junior #2. Since AJU5 woke up quite a bit that night, I was cranky yesterday. On top of the that, the 7 vitamin pills I take a day are making my stomach do flips. Normally it calms down within an hour or so, but it is still a pain.
I go back to my doctor on Tuesday. If you can think of things I should ask her, please comment. I love my doctor, but like others have said, I tend to forget the questions I have. So, I have started a list of questions that hopefully I will remember to take with me to the appointment.

Now to go get AJU5 out of bed. She seemed sleepy, but she hasn't slept!

2 comments:

Jen L. said...

As you know from being a mom already, post-partum hormones can be crazy. Just make sure you're taking care of yourself emotionally as well as physically and make sure your doctor checks in with you about the emotional side of this, too.
((hugs))

Dean has had some horrible nights lately, too. What are we gonna do with these two and their sleep??

Anonymous said...

Mimi rocks out to "Away in a manger" as played by pressing a button on our nativity scene. So strange...