Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Plan

My parents should be arriving within the hour for a two night stay before heading on to their time-share in the mountains for skiing (we are sort of on the way). Last night I had a break down. The house was a mess, and I hadn't had enough time to clean. AJU1 finally realized this (after I got a little frustrated) and helped get the downstairs cleaned up. But, the big issue is that I let it get bad. Yes, some things don't have homes yet due to the remodeling still in progress, but it shouldn't have gotten this bad. So, from now on:
I am going to get up at least thirty minutes before I think AJU5 will get up. This means about 6am most days (unless she has woken up around 5 - then I can go until about 7). During this time I will get my Bible reading done, check my emails and deal with work things (except Mondays when I will just check how many things I need to deal with), and empty the dishwasher if necessary. If I still have time, I will probably shower and get dressed.
That then will allow me to put dishes in the dishwasher after meals (I can't empty when she is around because she climbs in, etc) and pick up during her naps (I have been showering, reading, etc during naps lately). Hopefully this will keep the house picked up at least. Once the remodeling is done, I can also spend about 30 minutes each evening vacuuming, etc.

Now to make sure everything is ready for the parental units. Not that their house was that clean at Christmas before we got there though....

2 comments:

Jen L. said...

Parental visits are SO stressful! I know that in reality, my parents are really coming to play with Dean, but I always feel the need to impress. Since going back to work, it's gotten easier to do a "cleaning routine" each week. Knowing that our "Manny" is coming every Tues. and Thurs. gives me a little bit more motivation to keep things tidier all the time. It would help if Dean wouldn't throw food on the floor. Must buy splash mat...
Have a great visit with your family! I hope AJU5 has fun with her grandparents.

Marianne said...

Hugs to you and thank you for the supportive comment on my post!!