Well, I am over 15 weeks pregnant, and I still get nauseous regularly. With AJU5, I thought it was over by Week 16. But, then there was the kidney infection and nausea until about Week 23. I don't know if all of that was the kidney infection/medicine or not. So, maybe it lasted until Week 23 with AJU5 - I don't know.
My battle right now is determining when to take Zofran. Twice over the last two weeks I have started to feel blah but didn't take it. It was night, I was going to bed soon, and I thought I could survive. I ended up throwing up and feeling horrible the next morning. So, I am now taking it when I start to feel that way. I don't like having to take medicine, but I think it is better than throwing up.
One way I try to deal with the morning sickness BEFORE taking the Zofran is to eat something. The problem - I gained 6 pounds in 5 weeks! I weighed 148 pounds at my first OB appointment and 154 pounds at the second. I know it is because I was eating, but that is still a lot of weight. 2-3 lounds would have been expected, as I weighed about 150 pounds when I got pregnant. So, I am trying to eat better and smarter. I bought apples and bananas at the stores this week. I also bought salad makings so my lunch meals (I normally eat two lunches) are healthier. Hopefully at my next OB appointment I won't weigh more than 155 pounds!
I am also following all of you out there that are on weight loss plans right now. I am "taking notes" on what works for after this little one comes. My goal weight is about 145, as I haven't weighed less than 140 lbs since 9th grade (and that includes the period of time I was exercises 4-6 hours a day, 5-6 days a week). So, I don't think my body would ever agree to less than 140 (and still be "healthy"). Hopefully y'all will be good inspiration!
5 comments:
Oh, bless your heart! I hope your morning sickness ends soon. I gained ten pounds between my sixth and seventh months when I was expecting Dean. The doctor said I was drinking too much juice. I didn't admit that I was eating too much McDonald's. (It was MONOPOLY time, what's a girl to do?)
The Shred is great, but you'll want to wait a while after you have Jr. 3 before you start it, if you decide to do that. It's intense. Are you going to try for a VBAC or another C?
I keep meaning to ask if Jr. 3's initials will be AJU6. I love that tradition!
Do you read Cerebral Palsy Baby? She's about 17 weeks along.
I will discuss our current thoughts on VBAC/C-section next week - but let's just say no descision has been made yet. As for initials - there is a possibility of an AJU6. We have one name picked out that fits those, but didn't use any of the names we had picked out for AJU5 (before she as born).
In both of my pregnancies, I had one giant weight gain period in the 2nd tri-- drove me crazy!!
But seriously, you're pregnant! EAT if it tastes good :)
Post a Comment