Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another Random Post

So, yeah, I don't think I can write one post about one thing - just not happening these days. Well, I might be able to get the Product Review post done, but that is about it :) So, now for the "laundry list" of topics:

1. I had my regular OB appointment today. I have gained 17 pounds so far - about 10 in the last four weeks! I definitely need to lay off the sweets and snacks. But, it is something I can do. Plus, AJU5 is letting me take her for walks again (even asking to go), so that should help me keep my weight in check!
2. Also on the OB front, I have decided to try the VBAC. My doctor told me that they will watch me like a hawk during labor and push the epidural. I am okay with that (although I have no problem trying to go natural either). They just want to be able to rush me to the OR if necessary. The main reason for my decision - stairs! You aren't supposed to do up and down stairs much at all for at least two weeks after a c-section. With the bedrooms upstairs and the living areas downstairs, I see that as being a big challenge for me! Yes, I can sleep in the recliners, on the couch, or even pull out the hide-a-bed if necessary. But, I will want a shower pretty much every day, and all of my clothes are upstairs... Yeah, not having to avoid stairs would be nice!
3. AJU5 is eating a little better. We have moved her chair to the table and stopped using the tray. We had offered this to her before, but she wanted her tray back. Now she is happy to eat at the table with us. So, hopefully that was a lot of her issue! We are also working on getting to one noon or later nap. Yesterday was a success - today is a little more challenging because I think she is about ready to go down, and it is an hour too early...

I think that is it... But it probably isn't... I will probably remember something when I am busy and then forget it by the time I am at the computer... Silly pregnancy brain!

2 comments:

Nowheymama said...

You are *supposed* to gain weight during pregnancy. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Sarah said...

I agree-- pregnancy is a 9-month all-you-can-eat buffet, so eat all the sweets you want, and DON'T FEEL GUILTY.

Good luck w/ your VBAC :) I hope you get the birth experience you want.