Friday, July 3, 2009

Product Review Friday - Delivery Service

Okay, UPS and FedEx have made changes to the way they deliver things that makes there service terrible! They no long walk to your door, ring the bell, wait for you, hand you the box, and then leave. Now, they walk to the door, put the package down, ring the door bell, and "run" back to their truck as fast as possible. They are no longer allowed to enter homes (safety issue supposedly). That means even if you are getting a big item they need a dolly for, they will just leave it on your doorstep! This isn't terrible if your husband is home or will be home later. But, if your husband is out of town (or you are elderly, etc), yeah- big problem!

Recently we purchased an entertainment center online. It came in two boxes - both of which were very heavy. Then, we had to request two pieces be replaced (no issues there) and got two more boxes, slightly less heavy but still big (side panels). All three times they just rang the door and left. Luckily, AJU1 was only out of town when the side panels arrived, and I was able to carry those into the house. I called and complained since one of the times they didn't even ring the bell, and I was told about not entering the house. And they would remind the guys to ring the bell...

It used to be just UPS that was terrible about leaving quickly with small items. But now it is both and even with large items. It is very frustrating!

Have you experienced this?

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I have experienced this, but I always chalked it up to the 50 lb chow mix tackling the door when they get to it. Luckily, I don't think we've ordered anything large recently. We do most of our furniture shopping local and the store's delivery guys will bring it in for us. And they schedule it, so we can be sure the 50 lb chow mix is safely locked away ;-)

Jen L. said...

YES. And you're right, it's very annoying. Our problem is that we usually enter our house through the side door, which is on the same level as the driveway. (Our front door is up some porch steps.) Delivery people ALWAYS come to the front door and just leave stuff there. There have been 2 different instances where we weren't home and didn't know there was a package. Once, the neighbor's dog got into it and strung packing peanuts all over the yard. The other time, it rained and my package (a book, of course) got soaked.

Feeling your pain on this one!

Becca said...

Ugh! What a pain! I seem to remember having a problem with this, but I don't remember the specifics. So frustrating that one or two people cause a stir about delivery men coming inside and they have to enact an unreasonable policy for everyone.