Friday, August 28, 2009

Pregnancy Update (and Possibly Other Things)

Yesterday I had another regular OB appointment. It was just one of the short, basic ones (pee in cup, weight, blood pressure, baby heart rate, fundal measurement, and questions). I also got my paperwork for my gestational diabetes test (1 hour) that I need to do next week (planning on Friday when AJU1 can watch AJU5). We also talked about when to schedule the c-section. My doctor doesn't want to go past 41 weeks because they are less than 2 years apart. So, we will most likely go with November 30th. If I go into labor before then, we will try a VBAC unless the baby isn't positioned right (breech, etc). Also, I get to start the 2 week visits now. I was guessing I would have another 4 week period first, but I was wrong!

Oh, as for weight, I am up to 173 pounds. I was about 150 pounds when I got pregnant, so, I want to not gain more than 12 more (35 pounds total). With AJU5, I was about 160 when I got pregnant and weighed 193 the day before she was born. But, I only weighed 172 pounds at 25 weeks with her... And I am at 27 weeks almost now...

I was just reading over the emails I sent to my family during the pregnancy and after. Boy was that hard... The pregnancy ones weren't of course, but the first few after she was born were. Having to leave her at the hospital for 4 nights was miserable. I hope I never have to go through that again! Then there was the whole oxygen and RSV scare. It was just a very trying week for sure. But, looking at her now you would never guess she spent a week in the NICU and another almost 2 weeks on oxygen! Actually, at a month old she was perfectly normal and "disgustingly healthy" as the home health care nurse told me. So, I am just praying we can avoid all of that this time around...

Now to go read or nap... last night was not a good night for sleep (due to AJU5 mostly and then Junior not letting me fall back asleep)... and AJU5 is napping now...

2 comments:

Jen L. said...

Glad it's going well and Junior's cooking up nicely. :) November 30 is a lovely day. It's one of my very best friend's birthdays.

Sarah said...

So glad it's going well, and I hope your little Thanksgiving baby has a smooth start :)