So, AJU5 and AJU6 both had a check-up a the doctor yesterday. It was AJu5's 2 year check-up and AJU6's 2 week check-up. We started with AJu5's height and weight on the big kid scale (a first for her). She is 25th percentile in both areas - a little drop in height, but she was 25th percentile at 15 months too. Then they measured her head while I stripped AJU6 down to his diaper. Her head is still huge - 90th percentile. Then it was time for all of AJU6's measurements: 7lbs 4oz (25th percentile), 20 in (25th percentile), and 75th percentile head. Do you notice a trend?
Then I stripped AJU5 down to her diaper and filled out an autism evaluation form before the doctor came in. We decided to give AJU5 the shot of going first. She did great! She sat ont he table and was very content. Then it was AJU6's turn. He was only upset when she touched him with the cold stethoscope. Otherwise he slept the whole time! The doctor and I talked a little bit and then I got the kids dressed and got ready to go (scheduling AJU6's 2 month check-up, turning in our forms, and picking up a sticker for AJU5). The hardest part of the trip - getting AJU5 back into the car! She refused to sit in her seat. I had to use all of my strength to get her strapped in. But I won eventually and she calmed down before we got too far on the road.
I actually made it most of the morning with both of them alone. AJU1 was home, but he was working outside from 8 until almost noon. Hopefully Monday will go as smoothly... Luckily at most AJU1 was 9 days of work left this calendar year!
3 comments:
Good Job! Taking 2 kids to the doctor is a lot of work, and you pulled it off smoothly! Way to go.
I remember those days of car seat struggles...that was the first time I had the confidence that a swat on the behind was in order. Before that, I questioned whether Jersey #1 was really being defiant. Safety was my boundary, and her defiance was obvious with her protest. It didn't take long to establish my authority after that! :)
Phew! 2 kids at the doctor can be a handful!
Autism evaluation? As a standard check-up activity or for some special reason?
It's nice to read about someone else who doesn't have gigantic kids!
Post a Comment