Thursday, January 14, 2010

Delurking Day!

Well, it is delurking day! So, if you are reading this, please leave a comment introducing yourself (unless you are a regular commenter - then you can just say hi :) ).

In other news, things are going well here. I took the kiddos to the library today for storytime. AJU6 slept the whole time in the sling carrier whilc AJU5 behaved fairly well. It was only girls today, and all are fairly close in age (other than AJU6 of course), so they had fun running around the kids section of the library after the storytime while us moms got to talk. Then we came home for naps and lunch. After that we headed to a friend's house for the afternoon. I had my 6 wk post partum appointment (at 7 weeks because my doctor takes the beginning of January off each year), so AJU5 got to play with her friends while AJU6 and I took care of that. So, we had a busy day!

As for the post partum appointment, I have lost 24 pounds so far. I was hoping for closer to 30, but I am not going to complain too much. Hopefully the remaining 20 pounds will come up in the next few months! I have plans for more trips to the park and hopefully walks in the near future, so that should help. Oh, and maybe I will eat a little better - 3 bowls of cereal in one day is a little much I think :) Oh, and my body is still healing. I ended up with a third degree tear/episiotomy because there was such a rush to get AJU6 out (his heart rate was half of what it should have been). I knew it wasn't completely healed yet, but I was nice to hear my doctor said it is almost healed and should be 100% in the next few weeks.

Tomorrow I may be adventurous and take the kids to a meeting at work. If we go, we will leave as soon as AJU5 starts acting up. I don't have to attend because I am a part-timer, but I like to hear what is going on... So stay tuned to hear how it goes!

3 comments:

Jen L. said...

Hi! I'm a regular. :) Glad to hear you're healing up nicely. And 24 pound in 7 weeks? Is awesome!

Sarah said...

glad your work meeting was good (read you FB update) and good to hear you're almost 00%-- 24 pounds is really impressive!!

Coach Mom said...

Oops, I missed this on the actual day. I'm a "regular" too! Way to go losing the baby weight....I'm still struggling with the last 6 pounds and my "baby" is 16 months! Aaah, the joys of getting older...I didn't have this much trouble in my younger years.