Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Genius!

Not me - AJU6! This boy is hitting milestones early, and I am loving it! Sunday night (at 6 wks 3 days), he rolled from his belly to his back on a hard surface. He had rolled off of me many times in the past, but this time he was on his blanket on the middle of a table with adult witnesses other than me! Then, just a few minutes ago I saw him holding one of his toys1 It is attached to a playmat, and he had a good grip on it. Now, to top this off, he didn't need to eat for 6 hours last night! I did have to give him his pacifier after about 2.75 hours, but that was all I had to do! And he was doing this in his bed (in the boppy pillow of course) - not ours!

He is definitely different from AJU5. I think some of it is because my life is more flexible than it was when she was this age. I don't have to go to work every morning. We aren't spending all of our nights remodeling a house. So, instead I can cuddle him a lot more. I think this is making it so he is ready to sleep at night instead of wanting more snuggle time. I can feed him every hour for 3 hours before bed without a worry.

Now, the downside of this is that he may become mobile earlier... I love it when they can play with you, but mobile means a whole new level of mommy-stress! It is so much easier when you can lay them down somewhere and not worry about them moving!

AJU5 crawled at 6.5 months... let's see when AJU6 does...

4 comments:

Coach Mom said...

He on the go so fast! Fun stuff

Jen L. said...

Way to go, little guy!

Maybe when he becomes mobile, you can recruit AJU5 to "babysit!"

Anonymous said...

Awww, yay! Isn't it amazing how different they can be! He sounds like he is going to be quite an adventure!

Sarah said...

Yay for AJU6!! I'm glad everything is going so well for you guys :)